CREA Board Meeting Minutes
February 3, 2016
Carol Hardy Vincent
Valerie Bailey Grasso
|Stewards and Others
Martinez Majors Sr.
President Grasso is retiring today: She solicited candidates for VP of Policy and Dispute Resolution (to replace Susan Thaul who becomes President upon President Grasso’s retirement). Gov. Mike Martin expressed interest in the position. Gov. Oladapo motioned to nominate Gov. Mike Martin to be VP of Policy and Dispute Resolution. Gov. Bradley seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously. Congratulations VP Martin.
New Governor for IMT: IMT does not have a governor on the CREA board. Martinez Majors Sr. would like to fill that position. He was previously a governor and has been at CRS for 14 years. Gov. Greene moved that Martinez Majors Sr. be appointed as a governor for IMT. Gov. Hardy Vincent seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously. The board is happy to welcome Gov. Majors.
President Grasso’s Things I wish I could have done and parting thoughts:
- Need to do a better job communicating with the bargaining unit about CREA’s role and obligations, and what CREA is doing so that the bargaining unit has a better understanding of what CREA does. This might help combat the perception that CREA doesn’t do anything or just helps those who are “problem children.”
- Wants to set up alumni list. There are alumni who still pay dues.
- Thinks regular meetings with all the components are important and useful.
- Should do more with the other LOC unions.
- Register for the National Associations of Arbitrators Conference, it is a very useful conference.
- We need to use our available legal resources (e.g., IFPTE general counsel) more.
- Valerie would like to have a panel about the history of CREA for our 41st
- Continue to build a bigger bench.
Proposed IP Pilot: CREA plans to bargain the impact, implementation, and relocations associated with the proposed pilot.