Print This Post
1. Minutes. The minutes of September 2 and September 9, 2009, were accepted.
2. GAO Union Video—Next Steps. The Board agreed that planning for a CREA video should begin in earnest after the September 30 elections and October 14 annual meeting.
3. Telework—Next Steps. President Roth said a proposal from management was expected in the middle to later part of October. In the weeks ahead, CREA will identify provisions of a telework policy to seek in discussion with management.
4. LC Flyer Holders and Union Announcements. President Roth said the Library unions had issued a joint proposal to management.
5. CREA Briefing on Management Initiatives. After discussion, Governor Crocker moved that CREA ask for a briefing to be held on the afternoon of Monday, September 28. Governor Harlan seconded. The motion carried.
6. A&P Survey. After President Roth had distributed copies of results, Governor Harlan volunteered to chair a committee to analyze the narrative responses. The Board thanked Mary Rose Amidjaya for her assistance and diligence in the survey’s coordination and distribution.
7. Scholarships and Loan Grants. Discussion ensued. Governor Crocker moved that CREA officers and the Board be excluded from the pool of eligible staff. Governor Smale seconded. The motion carried. The Board expressed the sense that grants should be paid directly to recipients once their applications are processed. Governor Crocker moved that the Board accept the scholarship and loan grant program as amended. Governor Smale seconded. The motion carried. The Board thanked the Scholarship and Loan Committee for its work.
Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.