Print This Post
1. Minutes.The minutes of September 15, 2010, were accepted.
2. CBA Negotiation. President R. gave an update; after an initial attempt at trying to incorporate interest-based methods, traditional bargaining will be the model. Ground rules are under development.
3. Meeting with Director/Invitation to New Deputy. President R. reported on meeting with the Director. If the government is shut down, CRS will be essential (as in 1994-5). The new deputy director has been invited to meet with us (CREA board and officers).
4. Annual Meeting. Annual meeting will be October 13. Speakers have been suggested; preferred speaker would be a Member of Congress. Union officials could also be invited. Suggestions will be followed up; VP Moteff will check prices on refreshments catered by Fame; Governor Miric offered to check on Costco prices also. Thanks to VP Moteff and Governor Miric.
5. Financial Review.Governor (and Financial Overview Chair) Smole reported that the financial professional who undertook our required review in 2009 has submitted a proposal to provide the same service this year; sense is that this would be prudent. Governor Smole will consult with our Treasurer and report back. Thanks to Governor Smole.
6. Mugs!VP Moteff distributed our new CREA mugs; they are handsome. Plan is to distribute them at CREA cafes. Also they will be available to give out at the annual meeting. Thanks to VP Moteff.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
Bryan Sinquefield (telcon)