1. Minutes. The minutes of September 10, 2008, were approved.
2. Discussion of Performance Standards. Questions were raised about the specifics of performance and promotion standards and the policy on training. President Roth said would meet with Richard Ehlke and register for an Individual Development Plan introductory session.
3. Future of the CREA Scholarship Program. Suggestions included making scholarships available throughout the year and ensuring transparency and openness of eligibility criteria. Governors Stouffer, Tilson, and Watkins volunteered to serve on an evaluation committee.
4. FY2009 Budget. Treasurer Siskin presented a budget proposal and itemized comparison of FY2008 allocations and expenses. After the Board had agreed to a few modifications, Governor Stouffer moved that the FY2009 budget be approved. Governor Burrows seconded. In a friendly amendment, Governor Tilson asked that Treasurer Siskin send out the budget with adjusted allocations. The vote in favor was unanimous.
5. Discussion of the New CREA Website. Governors Moteff and Stouffer described a photo contest to be announced with the site’s official launch. Members would be invited to submit images to be used as website page headings. Three prizes would be awarded. Discussion turned to other matters. Further discussion is planned.
Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.