Print This Post
1. Minutes.The minutes of March 9, 2011, were accepted.
2. Scholarship and Loan Update. Secretary S. gave an update; a record number of applicants have come in; the committee will be meeting next week to decide on awards.
3. Master Contract Bargaining. VP Moteff gave an update; Library-Association Cooperation is the current article.
4. Donation to Support Japan Relief? Questions arose about appropriate methods and precedent.
5. Implementation and Impact Bargaining for a Shutdown.President R. distributed a draft of an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) between the Library and the three LC unions. Should CREA run a theme cafe March 17 on the possible shutdown? (Yes.) Should we send out a communication to the bargaining unit addressing current CREA efforts? (Yes.)
6. New CRS Director. Should CREA gather staff input on what they would like in a new director? Discussion was inconclusive. Governor Crocker moved, Governor Reeder seconded that CREA send a letter to the joint committee on the Library outlining desirable [traits? policies?] in a new director. Governor Grasso moved, Governor Crocker seconded that the motion be tabled.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
D. Andrew Austin