1. Minutes. The minutes of June 19, 2013, were accepted.
2. Meeting with Director. (1) Will issues with A&P and new website receive attention as IMT focuses on new projects? She said she was unaware of problems but will mention to Cliff Cohen. (2) Says she’s only going to foundations for outside funding for seminars or special projects, says all money accepted is with no strings attached. (3) Says she’ll consider options going forward on KSG staffing of LaFollette RR. Pres. Moteff mentioned there doesn’t seem to be priority for hiring dedicated staff. She asked what training people need.
3. CREA Proposal for LaFollette RR Staffing. Proposal submitted, management says six of the seven major items in it are non-negotiable. They’re willing to allow volunteer pools for those willing to take extra shifts; reimbursement based on what’s already in contract (e.g., if you have to work overtime, you can be reimbursed for commuting but not family expenses); exemption for certified medical reasons. Rejected items include telework, rolling calls, limit to no more than two days of coverage per person. CREA wants to talk to KSG as a whole, Board feels a meeting would be best. Pres. Moteff trying to get Mary to consider other options for future; trying to schedule meeting with House Appropriations Subcommittee. Waiting for management counterproposal; CREA legal counsel advises formal request for explanation of what management considers negotiable, which CREA will need if we want to appeal.
4. CREA Office Support. Two promising candidates interviewed, one a retired CRS analyst with strong writing skills and knowledge of CRS and CREA; the other a masters candidate in library science with significant web and database experience.
5. Partial Retirement. Library wants to move quickly once OPM publishes final regs. Asking for questions, feedback about preliminary regs that were published. Should we form working group?
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
Linda Jo Schierow