1. Minutes. The minutes of July 22, 2009, were approved as amended.
2. Authoring and Publishing (A&P) Grievance. President Roth briefed the Board on a proposal to hold all grievance-related time limits in abeyance while the Library’s labor relations office pursues a resolution. During this period, management and CREA would hold informal discussions with the goal of determining specific circumstances when an author’s e-mail address and phone number may be removed from a CRS product.
3. A&P Survey. After brief discussion, the Board agreed that Governor Crocker and President Roth should proceed with the survey’s distribution to the bargaining unit.
4. Use of Flyer Holders by Library Elevators. President Roth said that in light of a recent incident, the unions were in discussion with the Library over what may be posted in flyer holders. At issue is whether flyer postings must be about events and topics of relevance to all Library employees or members of the public.
5. Library Requirements on Medical Documentation. President Roth said the unions were to meet to draft recommendations for the Library on medical documentation requirements for incidents or conditions that result in an employee absence of more than three days.
Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.