Print This Post
1. Minutes.The minutes of December 8, 2010, were accepted with a correction.
2. Graduate Recruit Program. CRS wants to restart the program, which has been in abeyance for 10 years. The program will need to be negotiated. Governor Jones expressed interest in helping negotiate. Thanks to Governor Jones.
3. Furloughs. The Director has asked for input. Do we have specific ideas? Questions arose.
Could a voluntary system work?
- How can we ensure equitable treatment? (bargaining unit / mangers / etc.)
- What happens to contractors?
- What is the position on outside (temporary) employment for CRS employees while on furlough?
4. CREA Committees. Discussion proceeded. Standing committees were touched on; all are functioning and are necessary. Further discussion will be taken up at future meetings.
5. Grievance to Arbitration.An arbitrator has been selected for compressed workweek schedule grievance.
6. Master Contract Bargaining.The first article is proceeding slowly.
7. OIC (Office of Opportunity, Inclusiveness, and Compliance).Apparently the office is a rudderless ship.
8. CREA and the 112th Congress.The new Congress means significant changes in committee assignments and staffing. New contacts will need to be made and older ones renewed.
9. LOC Leave Bank Board Representative.A CREA representative is needed; it is a rotating union position. Governor Grasso expressed interest; thanks to Governor Grasso.
10. Seasonal Donations.The agreed-to donations have been made; a communication will go out to the membership.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
D. Andrew Austin