1. Minutes. The minutes of December 18, 2012, were accepted.
2. Meeting with Chris Langford, IFPTE. Mr. Langford specializes in recruiting and has offered to help us. Meeting has been set for Tues, January 8, 11 am. Goal is to get someone from every division to attend, and use this as a basis for forming a new membership committee. We need motivated volunteers, ideally from every division, to sit on the committee for a year. Can be any CREA member.
3. Steward Elections. Goal is to have them completed by the end of January. VP Jefferson will coordinate with governors on logistics. Electing stewards in divisions that have none is a priority.
4. CBA Bargaining Status. Scheduling issues with the mediator and management have slowed progress. Alternatives are being considered. We also have a slot open on the mediation team. Governors are encouraged to ask around for volunteers or make recommendations.
5. Open Time. Alternatives for replacing Jasmine Marcellus (who was at CRS in a temporary position) in the CREA office are being considered. Pres. Moteff and VP Jefferson will prepare a posting to discuss with the Board soon, and a selection committee may be needed.
Pres. Moteff to meet with Library HR about potential for shutdowns, furloughs due to budgetary concerns and potential sequestration. The status of grad recruits is still uncertain. The program expires in the spring; we want to keep it going, but it’s unlikely anything can be finalized until budget issues are more certain.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.