CREA Board Meeting Minutes
November 5, 2014
Meeting Started 12:02 p.m.
Minutes: Next meeting.
White Paper Committee: The idea is to build institutional capacity so that CREA can produce documents to help members understand their rights and maybe influence policy. Gov. Brass moved to approve the charter for the White Paper Coordinating Committee. Gov. Reeder seconded. Governors Perl, Brass, Oladapo, Mangan, Reeder, and Hardy-Vincent voted yea. Gov. Figliola voted yea by proxy. Motion passed unanimously.
Website: Several members want to discuss ways to make the website better and more relevent.
CREA 40th Anniversary Celebration: The Board discussed the concept presented at the last meeting. There were concerns about purchasing the proposed recording devices for the oral history, as well as inviting every retired CRS employee specifically those who never joined the union. The question was raised regarding the possibility of creating a celebration that tells and celebrates the history/story of CREA while also attracting new members. Seemed to be a consensus that the Board was not interested in a big banquet but wants to host a nice event. Gov. Reeder motioned that the Board establish a committee on the CREA 40th anniversary celebration. That the committee would have 7 members, including 3 Board members, appointed by the CREA President. It was seconded. Governors Perl, Brass, Oladapo, Mangan, Reeder, and Hardy-Vincent voted yea. Gov. Figliola voted yea by proxy. Motion passed unanimously.
Meeting with Mary: Discussed
- The mouse in FDT.
- The lack of time for questions at the all-staff meeting.
- A SRM in the KSG volunteer his/her staff to pilot the Lync video. Is this a new assignment of work?
- The requirement for authors photos to be on the website. If this isn’t voluntary is it an assignment of work?
- The issue of the new KSG position that wasn’t posted.
- CRS’s authority to cap the promotion ladder for certain positions. For phased retirement, CRS will follow the Library rules. There are no specific policies related to phased retirement for CRS but CRS may not have the money to allow it to be done with CRS.
Meeting adjourned at 1:02.