Print This Post
1. Minutes. The minutes of September 7, 2011, were accepted.
2. Election 2011. Will take place Wednesday, October 5, 9 am-3 pm. Volunteers are needed for ½-hour time slots, and they can’t be on the ballot. So far, there are nine candidates for 18 positions on the Board, and two (Pres. Roth and VP Jefferson) for IFPTE Convention delegates.
3. Annual meeting. Will take place Wednesday, October 12, 2-4 pm. VP Moteff volunteers to chair meeting organization, with help from Gov. Perl (thanks to both). Suggestions on refreshments, etc., can be sent to VP Moteff. Invitations to speak have been sent to multiple Members, no confirmations yet. Anyone on the ballot is encouraged to attend, as this will be the official swearing in.
4. Disability Awareness Month. CREA will sponsor an event at the Library on October 17, 1-2 pm, with a speech from the IFPTE president. Gov. Reeder is also coordinating events as chair of the OED.
5. Master contract. Rights of employees and rights of the association are currently being negotiated.
6. Meeting with the acting director. Staff portion of the budget has fallen slightly to 88%. Pres. Roth asked if we have a hiring freeze, it was characterized as a hiring pause until VERA/VISP numbers are in. It’s unclear what the next steps will be if VERA/VISP targets are not met. Act. Dir. Mazanec may be reconsidering the former reluctance to having CREA members on committees.
7. Other. Treas. Austin gave an update on CREA’s budget. We have healthy cash reserves, and Treas. Austin is soliciting suggestions from the Board, et. al., about areas that might benefit from more funding. Suggestions included more money in the scholarship/training fund, and creation of a hardship fund to help those most affected by any future furloughs, RIFs, etc. Additional suggestions can be sent to Treas. Austin.
Meeting adjourned at 1:10 p.m.
D. Andrew Austin