Print This Post
1. Minutes. The minutes of August 19, 2009, were accepted.
2. CREA Elections and Annual Meeting. The 2009 election letter, timetable, petition for candidates, and text of Board-approved proposed constitutional changes will be sent to the membership later in the week. President Roth said he would make inquiries about a guest speaker for the annual meeting. The Board agreed that elections should again be held on the sixth floor by the escalators. Volunteers are needed to help organize the election and annual meeting.
3. Strategic Planning and CREA Committees. President Roth noted Governor Grasso’s work on CREA succession planning, and requested that the Board consider ways to plan further. The Board expressed a sense in favor of Governor Jones serving as the CREA representative for the 2009 CFC. The Board also expressed a sense in favor of Governor Jefferson serving as CREA’s representative to the AFL-CIO American Library Association’s Committee on Library Services to Labor Groups.
4. Core Competencies. The Board considered the language of a draft document circulated to the union presidents. Discussion will continue.
5. Software Purchases. President Roth will send the Board information on the cost of Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and a PhotoShop Elements manual, which is estimated to total about $400. The Board will make a decision on the purchase at the next meeting.
6. CREA Briefing on Management Initiatives. The Board agreed that CREA should request that the briefing include a verbal summary of the Business Requirements Team’s work to date.
Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.