Print This Post
1. Agenda for October 28, 2009. Agenda was accepted.
2. Minutes.The minutes of October 21, 2009, were accepted with a correction.
3. Swearing in of new BOG Members and VP. President R. swore in Governors Granger, Grasso, and Reeder, and VP Moteff. Congratulations to all.
4. Telework. President R. reported for the team. Ground rules are being exchanged. Bargaining will be expedited; official time will be granted. Congressional visits are being undertaken. A question was asked about the technical requirements for telework to succeed; assurance is that this will not be a barrier.
5. FDT Waiver (NTE). FDT has requested permission to convert an NTE to permanent before the contractually required 3-year waiting period has ended. Governor Jones moved, Governor Reeder seconded, and the motion passed unanimously that we allow the NTE to be converted to permanent.
6. Meeting with Director. President Roth reported on his meeting with the Director. Subjects included:
1. Can there be more involvement of staff in initiatives? (probably not).
2. Will Dan meet with the Board? (no).
3. What’s up with the KSG publishing situation? (punt).
4. RFP for congressional user outreach is being developed.
5. Career Development Program. Can CRS use the LOC Career Development graduates as the Library does? (special projects, etc.) (maybe).
6. How are the IDPs working (now that they have been used within the PAS for a year)?
7. Can CRS staff get comp time for the Book Festival? (not very likely).
8. Laptops are being bought over the next couple years.
9. Hiring will be very tight.
7. CFC. CREA will sponsor the CFC bake sale (Tuesday before Thanksgiving). Kudos to Governors Grasso and Jones. Volunteers are sought.
1. Gift for Jamie H., who developed new logo. To be put on next agenda.
2. Holiday Party. Start thinking.
3. CREA Coffees. How are they going? Well; talk them up and keep attending.
Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.