Print This Post
1. Minutes. The minutes of September 13, 2012, were accepted with amendment; the annual meeting will take place on October 10.
2. Meeting with the Director. Questions for Director M. were proposed, including how will sequestration affect CRS, and what is the status of the current grad recruits?
3. STOCK Act Update. Through efforts of ACLU, court temporarily halted the online posting of federal employees’ personal information, as called for by the act. Multiple federal agencies and employee unions lobbying to permanently reverse this part of the legislation.
4. CRS Contractors—FY2011. Handouts distributed with info about current CRS projects handled by contractors. Most are with academic institutions as part of Capstone project. Board asked if CREA can obtain dollar amounts associated with these contracts.
5. CREA FY2013 Budget. New budget needs approval by October 1. Proposals for additions, deletions solicited from Board, e-mail President R. Governor Grasso suggests more money for training, Governor Hardy-Vincent suggests maintaining or increasing scholarship fund.
6. Wanding at Entrances. The Board agreed to take the Capitol police up on offer to demonstrate wanding procedures at Library entrances. There have been some employee complaints recently.
7. Sponsoring VP Jefferson’s Book Discussion. The Board agreed to sponsor a lunchtime event for VP Jefferson’s recent book “Black Librarians” in conjunction with the Library. Details to follow.
8. Governor Issues. Governor Grasso suggests lunchtime event with Roberto Salazar from the LOC Office of Inclusiveness and Compliance based on his seminar about “micro inequities.” Details to be addressed such as whether to open the event to bargaining unit and how to include management. All members asked to encourage high turnout within their units for upcoming elections.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
Carol Hardy Vincent