1. Minutes. The minutes of October 3, 2012, were accepted.
2. Additions to Agenda. Gov. Hardy-Vincent moved, Gov. Reeder seconded that the agenda be amended to include a vote to elect Mallary Stouffer to fill an open governor position on the Board. The motion passed unanimously. Gov. Hardy-Vincent moved, Gov. Schierow seconded that Ms. Stouffer be elected. The motion passed unanimously. Congratulations to Gov. Stouffer.
3. Telework Suspension during Outlook 2010 Transition. Management has suspended telework on Friday, October 26, and Monday, October 29, citing mission requirements. Conflicting language appears in different sections of the telework agreements. The Board discussed options for and ramifications of protesting management’s decision not to allow employees to designate alternate telework days, and will discuss further after hearing from CREA’s legal counsel.
4. Unscheduled Work at Home. Pres. Moteff informed the Board that the issue is still being discussed and CREA has a proposal in contract negotiations that would loosen the current contract language.
5. Front Office Reorganization. The Inquiry Section of CIP, the Programs Section of KSG, and the Communications Office will be under Lizanne Kelley, effective (tentatively) November 1. Management says there will be no impact, CREA will talk to affected employees.
6. Collective Bargaining Agreement Mediation. Discussions with the mediator have begun concerning the six articles still on the table.
7. Topics for President’s Meeting with Director. Pres. Moteff solicited topics from the Board for discussion with Dir. Mazanec at their next Tuesday meeting. Suggestions included whether CREA can bargain furloughs pre-decision, concern in a KSG section about staffing decisions and communication issues with the AD, discontent about the decision not to allow alternate telework surrounding the Outlook 2010 transition, and continuing concerns about how the situation with the recently pulled CRS report was handled by management.
Meeting adjourned at 1:15 p.m.
Carol Hardy Vincent