1. Minutes. The minutes of October 1, 2008, were approved.
2. CREA Office Support — Findings of Time Spent. After the Board had agreed to extend the discussion for five minutes, Governor Stouffer volunteered to work up a few models that might serve as the basis for an office support position description. Board members with suggestions are to send them to Governor Stouffer. The models are to be completed by October 29. Possible duties included coordinating on tasks and objectives with the President, Officers, and Board, and serving as a liaison and point of contact to the bargaining unit and membership.
3. Negotiations Training. President Roth is to ask the instructor about evening and weekend training times and the possibility of GAO staff attending.
4. Filling Governor Vacancies in CAC and RSI. After the candidates had introduced themselves, Governor Burrows moved to nominate Lisa Moscatiello of CAC and Jim McCarthy of RSI to serve on the Board of Governors. Governor Stouffer seconded. The vote in favor was unanimous.
5. Steward Elections. Prior to the elections, President Roth and Vice President Moteff are to allocate the number of steward positions each division will have.
6. Authoring and Publishing System. The Board discussed whether to request an analysis of the system’s impact and implementation on the bargaining unit. Discussion is to continue at the October 22 meeting.
7. Combined Federal Campaign. The Board expressed a sense that CREA should sponsor the 2008 CFC Talent Show for Library staff. Governor Watkins will serve as chair.
Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.