1. Minutes. The minutes of October 24, 2012, were accepted.
2. Donations to Sandy Victims. Donations to two sister locals that cover public sector employees in New Jersey were discussed, further details are forthcoming. Gov. Stouffer moved that in lieu of a holiday party, CREA donate to the ALF-CIO and various charities. Gov. Perl seconded, the motion passed unanimously
3. Steward Elections. VP Jefferson will coordinate with governors on holding the election. The goal is to do so by the end of the year.
4. Looking forward. The communications team needs a new head, and this may be a time to assess current processes and practices. We are open to new ideas on all fronts. Pres. Moteff also discussed the importance of leadership development going forward and the possibility of brown bag lunches for stewards, etc., that would serve as trainings on union leadership topics.
5. Pulled report. The issue has flared up again after new media scrutiny of CRS’s decision to pull Hungerford’s tax report. CREA arranged a meeting with Deputy Librarian Bob Dizard to present concerns from the staff about how CRS is being depicted and the need for a response from management—to both the staff and the media/outside. CREA also prepared a letter for Dir. Mazanec on these topics. Gov. Jones moved that CREA send the letter to Mary only (via hardcopy) . Gov. Stouffer seconded, and the motion passed with one objection. Gov. Jones moved that CREA convey to the bargaining unit a summary of the actions the Board and officers have been taking on this issue. Gov. Perl seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
Carol Hardy Vincent