1. Minutes. Minutes approved.
2. Compensation Fund for Chimes and ILC Employees. Nina Serafino presented to the Board a proposal to establish a fund to help compensate food service contract employees for wages lost during government shutdown. Board discussed logistics and determined further information regarding numbers, options, etc. were needed to make a decision. Nina Serafino will return to the Board for the next meeting to further discuss and Board will make a decision on the proposal then.
3. Meeting with Bob Dizard. President Moteff summarized a meeting held on Nov. 4 with Bob Dizard, officials from LOC unions, Labor relations and the LC Financial management officials. Dizard presented information on budget in relation to possible government shutdown in January and how it could effect the LOC. Dizard stated that furloughs were a last option for saving money.
4. Recap of CREA’s Open Forum. Recap of Open Forum held on Nov. 5. Forum attended by 28 members. Board discussed success of forum, especially the discussion of the current status over negotiations on the CBA. Agreement to continue to hold events that encourage open communication between members and officials.
5. Mary Wright’s Retirement. Mary Wright, longtime CREA steward, will be retiring in Nov. 2013. Discussion about appropriate gesture/gift to present to Mary honoring her service to CREA. Dennis Roth to be consulted for suggestions. Matter will be returned to at next meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 pm