1. Minutes. The minutes of October 29, 2008, were accepted with an amendment.
2. Office Support. Discussion about the job description and duties of the support person. Governors Siskin and Moteff volunteered to work with Governor Stouffer to evaluate and explore issues and report back in two weeks
3. CREA Membership. President Roth stated that the membership is shrinking due to retirements and we need to do more to recruit. Governor Moteff proposed to approach staff in the divisions.
4. Negotiation Training (January 9 and 10 2009). President Roth stated that we have not met the minimum number of 12 to participate. Training is open to the membership and is $3500.00 for 30 people. President Roth will send a general notice to the membership seeking participants.
5. Combined Federal Campaign Talent Show. Governor Watkins, chair of the Talent Show, briefed the Board on planning efforts. She still needs more talent. Governor Watkins moved and Governor Ester seconded that the Board appropriate $200.00 from petty cash to be reimbursed after the show The motion passed unanimously.
6. Meeting with Director. President Roth distributed minutes from the October 7, 2008 meeting with the director. He will meet with the Director on November 12, 2008.
7. Investments. President Roth received a call from our broker about cash our account. Governors Stouffer and Tilson will convene the new Investment Committee and report back in two weeks.
8. Everybody Wins Website. Should we invite the contact to come talk to us? Governor Jones recommended that LCPA be the venue for reaching out at the Library.This will be an agenda issue for next week.
9. Reorganization of the Office of Workforce Diversity. President Roth stated that the OWD will be reorganized to the Office of Opportunity, Inclusiveness, and Compliance (OIC). The OWD began buyouts two weeks ago. President Roth is still gathering more information and will set a date to meet with OIC.
10. Vending Machines. LC asked IL Creations to inquire about the price increases. President Roth made contact with IL Creations but received no response. Due to a change in work conditions filing a grievance may be in order.
11. Diversity Council. To be discussed next week.
12. Governor Grasso will email the presentation The Anxious American Worker.
Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.