1. Mentoring Program. The Board discussed the question of how many staff will be eligible to formally participate. President Roth said a meeting with management to discuss the program’s staff-wide impact was scheduled for the following day.
2. Everybody Wins Student Reading Program. After briefly discussing whether CREA should forge a relationship with the program and whether it should be the recipient of CFC Talent Show proceeds, the Board considered whether CREA should invite an Everybody Wins representative to speak to staff. Discussion was discontinued until the following week.
3. Office of Workforce Diversity Reorganization. A meeting with Library counsel to discuss the reorganization was scheduled for the following day, President Roth said. A primary issue involves how the Library intends to process EEOC complaints.
4. Negotiation Training. An announcement was to go to the membership later in the day. Discussion ensued over the need to attract a minimum number of participants in order to justify the $3,500 expense.
5. Meeting with the Director. Topics for discussion included the potential impact of the Authoring and Publishing system’s implementation; management’s due date for all CLI reports; the use of paper for the Director’s all-staff memos; and the possible reason for reported delays in presentation of years-of-service awards.
6. Employee Assistance Program — New Provider. President Roth handed out brochures for distribution to the Stewards.
7. Diversity Advisory Council. President Roth asked the Board members to suggest issues the Council should consider, and suggested they refer to information provided in the November 5 BOG meeting agenda.
8. Vending Machine Prices Update. The IL Creations subcontractor had not yet restored previous price levels for items sold in vending machines, President Roth said during a summary of recent actions taken by the Library’s current food vendor. Discussion of whether to file a grievance is to continue at subsequent meetings.
9. Federal Human Capital Survey. The Library has elected to participate in a survey to assess employee satisfaction and agency leadership and management practices. Brief discussion ensued.
Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.