1. Minutes. The minutes of May 1, 2013, were accepted.
2. Topics for Meeting with Director. (1) How will access to key sources be maintained if the subscription to Factiva is allowed to expire? (2) Regarding talk that CRS may intend to solicit general funding from private sources: what private funding do we get now, and for what purposes? Is this going to be expanded? (3) New website: loss of some key functionality; expiring contract of a key developer, Chris Russell; will IMT work on fixing problems with new website and new A&P tool as their attention is drawn away by upcoming projects?
3. CRS Committees. Several committees have been formed recently to address a variety of issues. Sense of the Board is to continue responding in the same way we have been: not push for official CREA representation on committees, but encourage members to try to get on committees where staff are allowed, and continue to remind management that decisions/changes made by committees affecting the bargaining unit need to be negotiated with CREA.
4. VPN Outage. The VPN was down from early morning until the afternoon on Wednesday, May 22. No reports of employees being required to come into the office.
5. Secretaries Being Converted to NTE. Many secretary positions may soon be converted to NTE status. These are currently contract positions. Any concerns?
6. Arbitration. Meeting scheduled for June 5 about case where manager did not go to OIC with dispute despite guidance/policy CRS management issued about this. The manager is not being held accountable.
7. Office support. Pres. Moteff, VP Grasso, and VP Jefferson will start going through applications and begin the process for scheduling interviews.
8. Facilities meeting. Changes in CHIMES schedule and Madison cloakroom security due to sequestration; facility liaisons being hired under Integrated Support Services (ISS); Madison atrium now open, use policy to be determined; snack bar renovations on ground floor to take place in June and July.
9. Leave bank donations. 2,000 more hours were given out than came in last year. Catching up with hours from this year, but this is a continuing problem.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
Linda Jo Schierow