1. Minutes. The minutes of March 14, 2012, were accepted.
2. Introduction of Jasmine Marcellus. President R. introduced our new office support person. Welcome to Jasmine Marcellus.
3. Loan Grants and Scholarships. Secretary S. gave a brief summary of the round; it was the most successful yet, with all $8,500 available being granted. Congratulations to the 14 loan grant and 3 scholarship recipients. And thanks to the Committee for all its work and the Board for its support. An announcement will be forthcoming.
4. Scanner Purchase for CREA Office. More information will be forthcoming.
5. CREA Coffee with the Director. President R. reported we are scheduled for March 27 at 10:00 in LM 412 (here).
6. CREA Meetings with Director and Head of Workforce. President R. reported on meeting with the Director; the budget is very tight. The meeting tone was cordial. Both VP Jefferson and President R. reported that the meeting with the Head of Workforce was focused on the contract performance article (which is in negotiation). The meeting was also cordial; other topics included reference center staffing and the grad recruit program.
7. Master Contract Bargaining. Welcome to Sean Farrell, who has volunteered to serve on the negotiating team. The current article is performance. The article on flexible work schedules is on hold. The next article is promotion: after that, the grievance procedure.
8. LCR Updates. The LC unions are working with the Library on updates of the following regulations:
a. LCR on Enforced Leave/Suspension.
b. LCR on EEO Discrimination Procedure.
c. LCR on ADA.
Also, a new regulation has been promulgated:
d. Indemnity for LC Employees.
9. LC IDs. Library will be issuing new IDs. CRS IDs will be still in sync with Congress.
Meeting adjourned at 12:55 p.m.
D. Andrew Austin
Carol Hardy Vincent (via telephone)