1. Minutes. The minutes of May 22, 2013, were accepted, with correction to typo in item #7.
2. Arbitration. Negotiation continues in case where CRS management did not follow its own special announcement regarding managers going to OIC as soon as there is an allegation of discrimination. Arbitrator ruled against management’s allegation that CREA was not timely. We presented our case; OIC testified that no one contacted them. Our proposed remedy is announcement in TMU and Gazette that CRS management violated the special announcement; in hopes of raising awareness and ensuring this isn’t repeated. CREA’s actions already appear to be having an effect, more communication is coming to OIC.
3. KSG Staffing of LaFollette RR. CREA has made a formal request to bargain. We can’t negotiate that they are proceeding with the rearrangement of staffing, but we can negotiate impact and implementation. CREA lawyer advises that until we have a better system to recommend, not much ground to stand on in stalling or preventing this first system–rotation of KSG staffing through time slotting based on seniority–which is in place until January 4, 2014. There may still be time to adjust this system, and future system proposals can be negotiated. KSG management says they’ve made it a priority to get permanent, dedicated staffing for the room.
4. Volunteer to Work on 6th Floor Case. Does anyone from the Board have time or know anyone who would be willing to work on a design for CREA’s display case upstairs?
5. Chair of Finance Committee. Nancy Canales has volunteered to take over for David Smole. Gov. Hardy Vincent moved to approve Ms. Canales as the new Chair of the Finance Committee; Gov. Reeder seconded; the motion passed unanimously. Thank you Nancy.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
Linda Jo Schierow