1. Minutes. The minutes of July 10, 2013, were accepted.
2. Ice Cream Social. Scheduled for Wednesday, August 21, 1-2 pm. Help with setup, cleanup is welcome, coordinate with Ms. Robertson. CREA members only, but encouraged to bring a non-member friend.
3. Meeting with Director. Moved to July 30, email Pres. Moteff with topics, questions. Sense of the Board is that it’s valuable to continue having regular Director meetings; Pres. Moteff may discuss with Mary how they can be made more productive on a consistent basis.
4. Timekeeper. Gov. Campbell has volunteered to serve as timekeeper. Thank you, Beverly.
5. LCRR Update. On advice of counsel, CREA issued ultimatum that if management did not change course and resume negotiation, ULP would be filed. They have agreed to continue negotiation and reinstate previous, more flexible system for shift assignment. Telework details still being worked out. Consultative management meeting to be held 30 days before expiration of current system to discuss how to move forward.
5. Smoking at Library. Unions now suggesting the alcove in the NW corner of Madison remain open for smoking, and a bench be placed at the SW corner. Library wants neither. Unions considering mediation, arguing that pushing people out to the sidewalk won’t solve the perceived problem.
6. Office Improvement Committee. Committee submitted report to Dep. Dir. Shogan. Recommendations include painting reception areas of divisions different color, adding art or accents to reception areas and conference rooms. CREA will continue to monitor and respond to any potential changes in working conditions.
7. Contracting with Dennis Roth. Dennis has agreed to help with writing and editing of arbitration briefs and other documents on an as-needed basis. Fee would be $75/hour (his previous salary here). Line item would need to be added to the budget. Pres. Moteff and VP Jefferson will work on proposal to present to the Board.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.