1. Minutes.The minutes of July 13, 2011, were accepted with an addition.
2. Presentation by Kathleen McKirchy. Ms McKirchy, from the AFL-CIO Metropolitan Washington Council, gave an overview presentation of the Council’s activities and distributed information packets. At a future meeting the Board will consider joining the Council.
3. CRS Director. The position of CRS Director will be posted.
4. CREA Cafe. Budget review suggests we are spending about 50% more than we had budgeted. Also the Cafe has evolved somewhat differently than what was expected at the outset. Consensus is to suspend the Cafe for the summer and develop a monthly alternative.
5. Cafeteria Renovation.On or about August first, the Adams cafe will reopen and the 6th floor Madison cafeteria will close until the end of the year; “grab and go” food will be available in the Montpelier Room; also the ground floor cafe will continue to be available.
6. Rooms for Nursing Mothers. VP Jefferson reported that a proposal to add a nursing mother lounge in LM 312 (ready in December) and one in the Adams building (ready in October) has been made. Thanks to VP Jefferson for getting the LC moving on this.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
Kathleen McKirchy , Metropolitan Washington Council, AFL-CIO