1. Minutes.The minutes of June 29, 2011, were accepted.
2. FMLA. An agreement between the unions and LC has been reached on the Family and Medical Leave Act. An MOU (or MOA) will be signed soon.
3. Bargaining. Contract negotiations are proceeding somewhat slowly.
4. Early Outs/Buyouts. One option has been outlined involving a VERA/VSIP and a furlough to add up, along with some other measures, to a $7 million reduction.
5. Windows 7. President R. reports some feedback on issues has come in from the divisions who have been changed over thus far. CREA is monitoring the situation.
6. Blackberry Distribution. 100+new Blackberries are to be distributed … CREA is interested in criteria for distribution.
7. CREA Cafe. VP Moteff reported on and distributed results from the questionnaire.
8. Metropolitan Council.Should CREA join the AFL/CIO DC Metropolitan Council? A representative will come to the July 20 BOG meeting and give a presentation.
9. Should CREA Leave the LC Survey Response Committee?Over one year has passed. President R. recommends withdrawing from what appears to be a desultory effort. The Board concurred.
10. Ice Cream Social. We will have an event lateish in August in the CWC. Details to follow; thank you Governor Reeder.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.