1. Minutes. The minutes of June 20 and 27, 2012, were accepted.
2. Grievance vote. VP Jefferson reminded the Board of the grievance filed by CREA and now at step two. The recommendation from the grievance committee is to pursue the grievance to arbitration. Governor Hardy-Vincent moved, Governor Lewis seconded, and the motion passed unanimously that we pursue the grievance to arbitration.
3. Master contract bargaining. VP Jefferson gave an update; bargaining is on hold for some weeks (due to summer vacation schedules).
4. CREA social. Governor Perl mentioned the idea of an event that could include ice cream(!) Dates are solicited (second week of August?) A staffer might be invited to give a brief informal talk.
5. IFPTE Convention break next week (July 18). President R. and VP Jefferson will be at the convention: no Board meeting.
6. Congratulations to VP Jefferson. On being selected to the LC leadership development program. Very best wishes and best of luck during the coming year and a half. VP Jefferson will be able to continue his CREA duties during his staggered program schedule.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
Carol Hardy Vincent