1. Minutes. The minutes of January 16, 2013, were accepted with two corrections:
(1) Date of the end of the current continuing resolution is March 27, not March 23; and
(2) The new metro subsidy is $245, not $230.
2. Merit Selection Modification. Pres. Moteff described a request from management that CREA grant permission for modifications to the merit selection article [or a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)] to address a current situation in Inquiry. The MOU would allow GS-11 employees in the Inquiry unit to be able to rotate responsibilities for review assignments. (Review assignments are part of the position description for GS-12 employees in the Inquiry Unit).
Gov. Jones moved that the Board support and grant permission/approval to Pres. Moteff to pursue the MOU with Doug for the purposes of making this assignment rotation work in the Inquiry Unit. Gov. Hardy-Vincent seconded and the motion passed.
3. President’s Meeting with the Director. Pres. Moteff mentioned that two main topics were discussed: (1) another controversy around a CRS report and (2) sequestration. Concerns around the report include the review process and possible burdensome new procedures. A task force is underway. Little information about sequestration was yet available.
4. CREA Office Staffing Proposal. Pres. Moteff distributed a proposal. He requested that comments on the job requirements be sent directly to him.
Meeting adjourned at 1:05 p.m.