1. Minutes. The minutes of January 9, 2013, were amended to correct reference to Ms. Grasso as a governor.
2. Meeting with Dennis Hanratty, Library HR. Not much new information about the budget situation. He did note that cuts for the Library may take effect March 1 rather than March 23. The commuting subsidy has been re-raised to $230. Anyone who had expenses above the $125 level during the period it was lowered will get a retroactive refund.
3. Library’s Budget Announcement. See above.
4. Latest on Iron Port. Steward Cook briefed the Board on the January 11 Iron Port meeting. Progress was made on eliminating the need to categorize websites before they will be cleared for access. There was resistance to discussing the 24-hour turnaround on clearing sites. Management representatives suggested that walkup machines with open access located around the building can be a solution to any issues with blocked websites; this is not a viable solution in many cases. There is still no guidance on how to respond to clients about being unable to fulfill requests due to blocked access to sites.
5. Steward Elections. Goal is to have them done soon. VP Jefferson will coordinate with governors.
6. Grievances. Two grievances currently at Step 2. The first is recurring from last year and concerns CREA’s belief that management has not followed requirements from a special announcement concerning consultation with OIC in harassment cases, particularly in a recent case involving a dispute between an employee and supervisor. The grievance committee recommended moving forward. Gov. Schierow moved for taking the case to arbitration. Gov. Stouffer seconded, the motion passed unanimously.
The second case involves CREA’s belief that the Library is not properly following EEO procedures and differing interpretations of 1984 and 1998 LCRs concerning the role of the Office of General Counsel at EEO hearings. The grievance committee did not vote on this issue. The Board refrained from voting until the committee votes and we hear back from legal counsel.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.