1. Minutes. The minutes of February 20, 2013, were accepted unanimously.
2. New Board Member. Gov. Rudman is stepping down. Former Gov. Bonnie Mangan from KSG agreed to take her place through the end of the term in October. Gov. Stouffer moved to elect Ms. Mangan, Gov. Bradley seconded, the motion passed unanimously. Congratulations and thanks to Ms. Mangan.
3. Library Testimony Before Leg. Branch Subcomm. Dir. Mazanec drew a correlation between reduction of CRS staff and a reduction in the amount of personal contact with Members/staffers. She responded somewhat positively about telework when asked by Rep. Wasserman-Shultz. Rep. Wasserman-Shultz suggested she may want more feedback from unions and employees. Dr. Billington laid out various plans for sequester cuts and noted there may still be tweaking to the Library furlough plan.
4. CREA Office Support. Gov. Rudman will ask/work with Cheryl Beaver (who spearheaded recruitment efforts last time) to jump start the process. Last time, we had a committee to write the announcement, determine the best places to post, and post.
5. Open Time. Vote about the donation to the Little Scholars auction to be put on the agenda soon.
Meeting adjourned at 12:45 p.m.