Print This Post
1. Minutes.The minutes of February 9, 2011, were accepted.
2. Credit Union. Library of Congress Federal Credit Union (LCFCU) representative Adrienne Bigelow gave a brief presentation. LCFCU was commended by several Board members and officers. Thanks to Ms. Bigelow.
3. Federal Caucus/Legislative Work Week. Coming up in April. CREA representatives can attend on training time (if person is eligible, e.g., a steward or officer).
4. Federal Caucus Proposal from IFPTE. President R. asked for input on proposal to formalize the caucus and create a “Federal Caucus Chair.” Discussion will continue at a future meeting.
5. Congressional Meetings.A number of meetings are being undertaken
6. Security Issue Session with Lisa Hoppis. CREA has been offered a meeting with Lisa Hoppis next Thursday at 1 p.m.
7. Meeting with Director and Deputy.President R. reported on meeting. Apparently the 2011 budget although tight, does not include severe cuts. 2012 is more unknown. Budget exercises are being undertaken. Unscheduled telework was also mentioned.
8. Open Time.
Various possible budget challenges were mentioned.
A plug was put in for the scholarship and loan program open season by Sec’y Stouffer.
A plug was put in for new employee outreach by VP Moteff, including a request for orientation topics.
President R. and Governor Smole reported on the financial review; all went well. Thanks to Governor Smole
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
D. Andrew Austin