1. Minutes. The minutes of January 18, 2012, were accepted.
2. Office Support. Governor Martinez reported on notes and conversation with President R. Filing and scanning are pressing needs; longer term goal is to reduce paper files and reorganize the space in the CREA office. After a discussion of a couple of approaches (for example, perhaps a 90-day, 3-day-per-week commitment), it was agreed that Governor Schierow and Governor Martinez will further consider the situation and report back with a proposal.
3. VP Moteff. President R. circulated a card. Governor Martinez moved, Governor Reeder seconded, and the motion passed unanimously that we buy a $150 gift card from Amazon.com for Jack.
4. Loan and Scholarship Coffee. Announcements have gone out for our 2012 program. Governor Perl and the Scholarship Committee will coordinate a coffee on Feb. 15 or 16 (Wednesday or Thursday); all will be welcome to come and socialize and questions can be answered about the program.
5. Master Contract. President R. reported on negotiations. The next article is performance; after that is promotion. CREA has suggested using interest-based bargaining.
6. Budget Hearings. President R. reported Leg Branch hearing is coming up. CREA will probably not testify.
7. Steward Update. VP Jefferson reported on steward elections. Several divisions have completed their elections; several remain.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
D. Andrew Austin
Carol Hardy Vincent