Print This Post
1. Minutes.The minutes of April 6, 2011, were accepted.
2. Meeting with Acting Director.President R. reported that he now has meetings set up with the Acting Director; at the first one, President R. will invite her to lunch (as per our prior meeting). Issues are solicited. The status of those ‘executive committees’ was mentioned.
3. Arbitration Hearing on Grievance. President R. and VP Jefferson reported on the hearing held on April 15. (The grievance is a CREA grievance relating to removal from a flexible schedule.)
4. Office Support. President R. mentioned that we may not be getting full value for our expenditure. Can we come up with more projects?
5. Tech Changes.The new website policy is creating some issues. Should we send out a communication asking about problems? (Yes.) Should we request an information session? (Yes.)
6. Budget Testimony Rescheduled for May 11.Testimony is ready.
7. Master Contract Bargaining.Merit Employment is current article under consideration. Facilities article is next.
8. Membership Update.We have 265 members (out of 503 bargaining unit members – well over 50%). Yay! The idea of holding a lunch time session for new CRS hires is still on the table.
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
D. Andrew Austin