1. Minutes. The minutes of April 8, 2009, were accepted.
2. Grievance. President Roth updated the Board on the status of the grievance, noting its focus on management’s refusal to acknowledge CREA’s right to bargain the potential impact of publishing author e-mail addresses and phone numbers. Governor Harlan made a motion that CREA move ahead with it. Governors Burrows and Crocker seconded. The motion carried.
3. Treasurer’s Quarterly Report. Following Treasurer Siskin’s presentation, discussion ensued. Governor Grocker moved to increase funding for CREA events by $1,000. Governor McCarthy seconded. The motion carried. Treasurer Siskin asked that receipts from recruitment events be brought to her for accounting and reimbursement. Governor Crocker then moved that the publications fund be increased by $75. Governor McCarthy seconded. Governor Crocker amended his motion to include a $25 increase in the petty cash fund. Governor Burrows seconded. After discussion, Governor McCarthy made a friendly amendment to increase the publications fund by $175. The motion carried. Treasurer Siskin asked for suggested candidates for a financial audit of CREA’s records.
4. Willie Price. Vice President Moteff briefed the Board on Ms. Price’s situation and actions taken to date. Discussion followed. Vice President Moteff said he would check whether the Library Guild had made a monetary contribution. Discussion turned to Governor McCarthy’s motion from the previous meeting that CREA make a donation to Ms. Price. Governor McCarthy then moved that $100 be donated and the membership contacted about making a contribution. Governor Crocker seconded. The motion carried.
5. Funding of Non-CREA-Sponsored Events. The Board continued the previous meeting’s discussion of whether CREA should allocate money for events not sponsored by the union. Governor McCarthy moved that a committee be formed to come up with recommendations on a policy. Governor Crocker seconded. The motion carried. Governor Stouffer volunteered to chair, and Vice President Reeder and Governor McCarthy volunteered to serve. Governor Stouffer agreed to draft a set of guidelines and asked the Board to forward suggestions.
Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.