1. Recognition of Rita. After brief discussion, Governor Smale moved that the Board award Rita $300 in recognition of her years of service to CREA. Governor Campbell seconded. The motion carried.
2. Additional Training Expenses. The Board discussed how to cover a remaining expense of about $64 for coffee and doughnuts provided during the recent training session with GAO. Governor Smale moved that the amount be fully funded from the CREA budget after receipts were collected and the total amount determined. Governors McCarthy, Ester, and Grasso seconded. The motion carried.
3. Union Training and Board Development Strategies. After a presentation of training and development opportunities by Governor Grasso, discussion ensued. Governor Smale moved that CREA, as a first step prior to possible attendance at a June 17 workshop, participate in a free April 29 teleclinic on leadership succession and executive transition. Governor Stine seconded. The motion carried. The Board agreed to continue discussion of another training opportunity, a Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA) seminar on union organization and strategic planning, after learning more about it.
4. Joint CREA/CRS Relationship Training. Following a short overview, President Roth agreed to make inquiries and report back to the Board on how long the training would run, its cost, and whether CREA attendees could receive official time.
5. A&P Author Contact Information. Vice President Moteff asked that comments on a draft proposal be forwarded to him by April 3.
6. Staff Photos on the New CRS Website. A sense of the Board emerged that CREA should request an information session on the publishing of staff photos. The Board also expressed the sense that it should request to bargain. Team volunteers are needed.
7. Mercury System. An information session on the system’s possible impact on working conditions has been requested. Governors Smale, Harlan, Crocker, and Jefferson agreed to serve on the bargaining team.
Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.