CREA Board Meeting Minutes
August 20, 2014
Meeting Started 12:07 p.m.
Betty Jean Oladapo
Welcome to the new office support person, Tyson Flagg.
Minutes: Accepted the July 30th minutes and the August 6th minutes as is.
Rule on Phased Retirement: OPM published the final rule on phased retirement. HR had a committee that prepared a proposal for the executive committee. Service units will have flexibility about if and how to implement phased retirement.
Proposed Constitutional Amendments: There are several proposed amendments to the CREA constitution that were dicussed to decide whether to put the changes on the ballet for the membership.
- Officer Provisions: Want to change the VP of training to VP of bargaining to better represent what they actually do. Gov. Brass moved that the recommended changes to Article III section 4 be placed on the ballot. Seconded by Gov. Martin. Motion passed unanimously.
- Want to change the steward and Officer elections to every two years, and provisions in Article V regarding BOG members saying that each division/office has to have at least 1
- Changes to Article III §1, Article V §1, Article VII §§5-6,
- We have a hard time scheduling steward elections.
- Motion by Gov Martin to recommend to the membership the changes as discussed to the constitution. Seconded by Gov. Brass. Motion passed unanimously.
- There are concerns related to the roll out of Lync
- Is it really voluntary? Staff is getting mixed messages.
- Will it be used to monitor presence at the person’s computer?
Meeting adjourned at 1:00.