Print This Post
1. Minutes. The minutes of November 7, 2012, were accepted.
2. Holiday/Sandy Donations. Waiting to hear back from the sister locals in New Jersey whose members were affected by Sandy before moving forward with a potential donation. After discussion, Gov. Schierow moved that we donate $333 apiece to the AFL-CIO community service group, the Capital Area Foodbank, and N. St. Village. Gov. Rudman seconded; the motion passed unanimously.
3. Joe Ross (former CRS director). Mr. Ross recently passed. Gov. Stouffer moved that we donate $250 to Habitat for Humanity in his name. Gov. Rudman seconded; the motion passed unanimously.
4. Recognition of Amber for Invitations. Gov. Stouffer moved that we give CRS Graphics Specialist Amber Wilhelm a gift of $25 for volunteering her time in designing invitations for former-Pres. Roth’s retirement party. Gov. Perl seconded; the motion passed unanimously.
5. Latest re: Hungerford Report. Pres. Moteff met with Dir. Mazanec after CREA’s letter to her was received. She stated that she does not wish to address the staff as a whole or put anything in writing by making a public defense of CRS in the press. She said she’s going to visit the divisions to ask about concerns and that she has met with the ADs. Pres. Moteff, VP Jefferson, and former-Pres. Roth met with the House Administration Committee. The reaffirmed their support and appreciation for CRS, and stated that they would like to hold regular meetings with CREA. They have talked with CRS management, and asked CREA about concerns among the unit. CREA also plans to talk to the House and Senate Appropriations Subcommittees, the Senate Rules Committee, and Senator Levin’s office (in response to his letter to Dir. Mazanec). The Board discussed whether we should put a statement on the website in support of CRS staff and our work for Congress, and whether we should compose a message to the bargaining unit expressing what the Board and officers are doing to mitigate this situation.
Meeting adjourned at 1:30 p.m.
Carol Hardy Vincent