BOG Meeting Minutes — July 28, 2010

Print This Post Print This Post
1. Minutes. The minutes of July 21, 2010, were accepted.

2. Membership Giveaway. VP Moteff will order items as discussed (mugs and lanyards).

3. Scholarships and Grants. Sec’y Stouffer reported on the program; a second round will be undertaken with the remaining funds.

4. LMI Survey. Should we analyze data? Should we have a working group? (Yes – Governors Grasso, McCarthy, Perl, and Sinquefield and Sec’y Stouffer volunteered to join.)

5. Employee Survey. Results have been released; some are intriguing. Our subgroup will post some findings shortly.

6. CBA Training. Dates are being discussed; team will attend and Officers, Board, and Stewards will be invited.

7. Bargaining Team and Representative to Health and Safety Committee. Governor McCarthy moved, Governor Perl seconded, and the motion passed unanimously that Governor Reeder be appointed to the LOC Health and Safety Committee as CREA representative and that the CBA bargaining team of Julius Jefferson, Jasmina Miric, Jack Moteff, Dennis Roth, and Sibyl Tilson, with alternate Shelley Harlan, be approved.

8. Membership. Membership is up (!).

Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.

Attendees:

Beverly Campbell
Valerie Grasso
Julius Jefferson
Jim McCarthy
Jasmina Miric
Jack Moteff
Libby Perl
Brian Reeder
Dennis Roth
Abby Rudman
Bryan Sinquefield (telcon)
Mallary Stouffer

BOG Meeting Minutes — July 21, 2010

Print This Post Print This Post

1. Minutes of July 14, 2010 accepted (with technical amendment). The Official Time agreement obligation is still in effect, through 90 days from its signing.

2. Mugs/Lanyards. It was the sense of the Board to purchase enough mugs (up to 350) to give to all current members as well as new members. It was also the sense of the Board to purchase a lesser amount of lanyards (150) to provide people with a choice. VP Moteff will get a final quote and proceed with the purchase. It was discussed that the purchase may be funded through the Event/Drive account.

3. Library Regulations. The Library has invited the unions to participate earlier in its process for modifying Library Regulations. That process involves the establishment of working groups as Regulation issues arise. The Library will contact the unions to participate in these working groups. Such participation would be considered informal negotiations, and the unions retain the right to negotiate formally as appropriate. The Board agreed that the Library should inform the President of CREA, who will then solicit the Board/membership for representatives.

4. OPM Survey. Library is putting together a working group to determine what if any next steps to take. The working group will include representation from all service units and the unions. Governors Granger and Rudman presented the results of their (and Governor Harlan’s) analysis of the CRS specific results of the survey, grouping responses with low positives/high negatives and high positives/low negatives.

5. LMI User Survey. CRS received the final report from LMI of the user survey mandated by the House Appropriations Committee. CRS will present the report to the Committee on Thursday, July 22 and will share the report with staff on the following Tuesday Morning Update.

6. Scholarships. Secretary Stouffer (Chairperson of the Scholarship Committee) will begin preparing for the 2010 Scholarship season.

7. President’s Meeting with Director. Telework working well, over 180 employees. A couple of issues pop up in individual divisions. For example, ability to substitute telework day. Discussed issue of certain websites not being accessible. Discussed issue raised in LMI survey regarding usability of CRS website. CRS has on-going effort to update the website. KSG Governors mention that KSG, which has some skills that could be helpful in website design, is not being asked to work on the website design.

Attendees:
Abigail Rudman
Ryan Granger
Dave Smole
Julius Jefferson
Dennis Roth
Jim McCarthy
Jack Moteff
Jasmina Miric

BOG Meeting Minutes — July 14, 2010

Print This Post Print This Post
1. Minutes. The minutes of June 30, 2010, were accepted.

2. Employee Survey. Unions have been invited to participate in a group to analyze LOC’s areas of weakness. CRS responses have been disaggregated; a committee will do some analysis of the CRS data. Thanks to volunteers Governor Granger, Governor Harlan, and Governor Perl.

3. Monthly Meeting with the Director. Meeting will be July 20; issues are solicited. Status of Deputy? Federal pay raise or freeze? Telework (good news). SharePoint meeting (also basically good news).

4. Blocked Websites. President R.,VP Jefferson, Stephen Pierce, and Martinez Majors met with LOC to discuss situation. One suggestion is to set up a stand-alone machine in IMT to access these sites while problems are being diagnosed. Machines could also be made available in divisions or Resource Centers.

5. SharePoint Meeting. President R., VP Jefferson, Governor Rudman, Hannah Rubin, and Martinez Majors met with Donna Scheeder. Issues included keeping SharePoint available and flexible for resource sharing; general sense was that meeting was a useful start to continuing discussion.

6. Treasurer’s Quarterly Report. Treasurer Purcell is leaving to go to the Social Security Administration! Our loss is the SSA’s gain. Former Treasurer Sibyl Tilson has agreed to fill in until the fall election. Congratulations and thanks to Treasurer Purcell. Thanks to soon-to-be-Treasurer Tilson. Quarterly report looks good; we are in good shape.

7. Official Time. Ninety-day agreement is on track to be completed successfully. Thanks to all involved.

8. Madison Cafeteria. Adams cafeteria will have reduced hours; Madison is still under discussion.

9. Governors’ Time. VP Moteff distributed info on some attractive items to use as thank-yous for members. A little further discussion will be held at the next meeting regarding exactly what to order. Thanks to VP Moteff.

Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.

Attendees:
Phillip Brogsdale
Beverly Campbell
Ryan Granger
Shelley Harlan
Cathi Jones
Jack Moteff
Libby Perl
Stephen Pierce
Dennis Roth
Abby Rudman
Bryan Sinquefield (telcon)
Mallary Stouffer

BOG Meeting Minutes — July 14, 2010

Print This Post Print This Post
1. Minutes. The minutes of June 30, 2010, were accepted.

2. Employee Survey. Unions have been invited to participate in a group to analyze LOC’s areas of weakness. CRS responses have been disaggregated; a committee will do some analysis of the CRS data. Thanks to volunteers Governor Granger, Governor Harlan, and Governor Perl.

3. Monthly Meeting with the Director. Meeting will be July 20; issues are solicited. Status of Deputy? Federal pay raise or freeze? Telework (good news). SharePoint meeting (also basically good news).

4. Blocked Websites. President R.,VP Jefferson, Stephen Pierce, and Martinez Majors met with LOC to discuss situation. One suggestion is to set up a stand-alone machine in IMT to access these sites while problems are being diagnosed. Machines could also be made available in divisions or Resource Centers.

5. SharePoint Meeting. President R., VP Jefferson, Governor Rudman, Hannah Rubin, and Martinez Majors met with Donna Scheeder. Issues included keeping SharePoint available and flexible for resource sharing; general sense was that meeting was a useful start to continuing discussion.

6. Treasurer’s Quarterly Report. Treasurer Purcell is leaving to go to the Social Security Administration! Our loss is the SSA’s gain. Former Treasurer Sibyl Tilson has agreed to fill in until the fall election. Congratulations and thanks to Treasurer Purcell. Thanks to soon-to-be-Treasurer Tilson. Quarterly report looks good; we are in good shape.

7. Official Time. Ninety-day agreement is on track to be completed successfully. Thanks to all involved.

8. Madison Cafeteria. Adams cafeteria will have reduced hours; Madison is still under discussion.

9. Governors’ Time. VP Moteff distributed info on some attractive items to use as thank-yous for members. A little further discussion will be held at the next meeting regarding exactly what to order. Thanks to VP Moteff.

Meeting adjourned at 1 p.m.

Attendees:
Phillip Brogsdale
Beverly Campbell
Ryan Granger
Shelley Harlan
Cathi Jones
Jack Moteff
Libby Perl
Stephen Pierce
Dennis Roth
Abby Rudman
Bryan Sinquefield (telcon)
Mallary Stouffer